Friday, February 15, 2013

Time to share.....

Yes !
..I can finally let out one of my secrets that I had mentioned about in an earlier post...
.....have held it close to my heart for way too long( by my standards!)

I am now a Girl Friday at CAS-ual Fridays!




When Michele invited me to join her team,  I gave it  a full 5 minutes before I said 'Yes'!  Those five  minutes were required to calm my nerves and think about what I was getting into!
 Joining her team would mean being surrounded by talent and awesome creations..was I up to it?  Up until now I was just another player , enjoying myself week after week playing along her challenges.
...once I was calm and less jittery, I decided to go with Michele's decision and hit the send button!
and then came the more difficult part of keeping it under wraps until today!

Thanks Michele for this opportunity, can't wait to start the fun!
....and congrats to the rest of the team!

And now coming to today's card..




 Playing along with The Moxie Fab Wold's current Camera Craze Challenge.

After a long time I have used patterned paper on my card. I started with wonderful postcard paper by DCWV. It had Post Card written on it. So I started with that as my base and stamped the postal marks like the par avion, postage cancelled, date stamp, added a stamp sticker and the sentiment.

Since I just cannot call a card done until I do some kind of watercoloring on them , I decided to make two tiny little miniature sketches and adhered them using scotch tape. Also stamped and watercolored the camera and added that as the third most important element of the group.

Trimmed strips of red and blue airmail printed cardstock and added as a border.

Wow!...this has be the most detailed card I have done in a while now!



Stamps- Inkadinkado,Martha Stewart,Recollections

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Share/Bookmark

14 comments :

  1. Many congrats for being the Girl Friday!! Very Deserving! and super clever and fun card!! You really inspire me to start learning watercolor painting!!

    I hope you are able to see me now as your proud follower!!

    Cheers
    Nazneen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like this very much! Tha cluster of postal images are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge Congrats Sanketi. Love your card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to have you join the team! Yay! And I love the added detail of the scotch tape. It looks super cool. Awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on becoming a Girl Friday and your card is fantastic! I love everything about it and it's very creative and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on design team! I adore your card! I think you've included a few trends in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big Congrats to you and you'll co fabulous, a great addition to the team,postcard card is wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. Congratulations!! Your card is absolutely awesome.. I'm very glad to follow you.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the DT spot, Sanketi.
    Love the details on your fabulous card...your design and little paintings are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beyond amazing. Those little paintings are the sweetest thing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the CAS-ual Friday DT! Woo hoo! Second, I adore your card. The watercolor pictures are different and such a creatively cool take on the challenge. I like the stamping you added to the pp, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh - this is also "so you" and so wonderful. What a fabulous take on a camera challenge. And wonderful news about CASual Fridays. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card - love the scene you have created with a perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Sanketi! Thanks for linking this up to the Camera Craze Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...