Friday, January 18, 2013

Inks or Watercolors ?




After my last post where I  used Copics to get a watercolored hand painted look , I decided to use my inks to achieve a similar effect. I am pretty pleased with  the soft subtle look ,washed look,  as though the women are standing under high mid morning sun!



 Edited to add better daytime pics

  I stamped and shaded the image using ink and a brush..just brushed against the ink pad and went over the image to create some subtle shadows and highlights. the green was also done in a similar way.

Stamps- PTI , Simon Says Stamp

the colors were inspired by 10 min Craft Dash...grey, pink and green. this card took me 9 mins 20 secs.

and a tall and skinny card for CAS-ual Fridays



Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave comments..appreciate it!


Share/Bookmark

8 comments :

  1. Such a beautiful technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! What a cool technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm so impressed with this technique. It looks so beautiful on the card.

    Thank you for playing in the 10 Minute Craft Dash, Sanketi. I always enjoy seeing your name come up in the link widget! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooooooooh!!! This card ROCKS!!!! Yep....this ROCKS big time!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how is it that even when you stamp, it still looks watercolored?!?!?! cuz it's in the hands I suppose. my hands are not so gentle. I feel bad for my patients ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and sophisticated. Nice technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely, Sanketi!! Love what you did with the ink and brush...adds subtle dimension and depth to your images. So happy you were a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...