Friday, December 7, 2012

Chalkboard




I have finally got on the chalkboard  bandwagon!
....been wanting to give it a try like forever, but needed a Betsy tutorial to help me get going!
..yes... Betsy Veldman from Paper, Scissors and Superheroes has so very kindly shared a brilliant tutorial on her blog and I just had to give this technique a try.

Here is my take on the technique. in fact I made quite a few cards, but have not been able o photograph them, so for today it's just this one!



 Sharing with Papertrey Ink MIM#94-Detail Glitter Technique

and 10 min Craft Dash

 I have always wanted to time myself as I create and this challenge gave me that perfect opportunity!. I got this card done in 9 min 22 seconds. It was pretty straightforward  though, just a whole lot of stamping in white and some embossing. the red strip was a scrap piece that I had leftover from another project.A tiny bit of glitter on the tree and I was done.


All  sentiments are from PTI Stylish Sentiments-Holiday

 Image by TPC studios

 Glitter and embossing pdr by Martha Stewart.

I am loving the look of this card, will be back with more!

Thanks for stopping by.


Share/Bookmark

4 comments :

  1. This card is amazing! Betsy is inspiring, isn't she? Love how the "chalkboard" look is making appearances on cards- it's so fun! I'm in awe that this took less than 10 Minutes to make....

    Thank you so much for joining me in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. Feel free to enter once more for the "Red" feature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really amazing!! You can really see the chalkboard feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Betsy's tutorial too. Great trendy chalkboard card.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...