Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Year In Review....

As the year draws to a close, and our holidays come to an end, I  decided to take the time to pause and reflect upon my achievements and failures, the highs and lows of maintaining a blog,  the excitement of being part of challenges and the disappointment of losing some of  them, applying for Design Teams,  rejections, publications........

As I went through my blog, and my work over the months,..I decided to do a  top 15 cards of 2012.. a review of sorts, a list of favorites... just so  that I would have something to compare and look back  down the years!

Warning-Picture heavy 

To start at the top would be....

Thanks For All You Do

  Love the way this got translated from a book cover to a card.



 Tidings of comfort and joy 

Love the punch of red color against the faded grey house in the background



 Season's Greetings

  Love the  fairy tale house against the perfect blue sky!




 Zen Doodle

 This one I love because I was forced to learn something new-(Zentangle)- just because I was away from home and my craft supplies and all that was needed to doodle this beauty was a black fine tip pen!


 On Cloud 9

  My first time Guest designing for CAS-ual fridays..a huge honor!..I gave them  a card that says me all over it!



 Two Shall Become One

  A very popular card of mine, received a number of emails about the stamp set and the text on the leaves was the highlight of the card.



 The Magic Of Christmas
 
 A recent favorite..love the suede look !



 Peace . love. joy

  Lots of die cutting  and embossing ... a pretty involved card!




 Sending A Smile

 My very first attempt at digital stamps..not a huge fan of all the downloading and resizing, but went for it for a guest designing gig over at Do You Stack Up and was pretty pleased with my attempt.



 The Red Door

 My very first print publication..Simply Handmade -Holidays 2012..was I thrilled!!




I often Think Of You 

  A winner all the way!..love the layering of stamps here.




 Let's Chat

  Love the vertical  lines and the design in general.




 A Bird

 A Papertrey Ink blog hop inspired card..love the touch of green.




 Father

 Love this card for it's design, the die cut silhouette and the  circular sentiment .




 Simply The Best

One of my earliest attempts at using watercolors on a card but with a mixed media effect.


So well that's my top 15 for this year, I could have gone on with more, because every single card   is a  favorite, but to quote ....

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.  Art is knowing which ones to keep. " ~Scott Adams


After much thought and review, I come to the conclusion that  creatively, 2012,  opened new vistas, brought me in contact with like minded people and made me create  beautiful pieces of art, I never  would have imagined I could .

 I start the New Year designing for Faber Castell, and hope to inspire  you all to create and just enjoy the process.

Thanks for all the support and the wonderful comments you all leave me...those are much appreciated.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR"
..See you in 2013!


Share/Bookmark

8 comments :

  1. well, although you didn't pick my favorite, the ones you chose are pretty sweet too. Love the red door one. I am happy to have found you and think you will do amazing things on your design team and for 2013! And the quote is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aawwww Wida!!
      which one is your favorite...I would love to know!

      Delete
  2. These cards all look so great! You use such great sentiments and you are so great at using different colors and inks! I love all your cards, but the father's day card is really something special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations! I love the I often think of you one, but then I saw the your simply the best one. I just love your watercolor creativity and unique style! Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone...loved to read everyone's favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All beautiful cards Sanketi - I think the first one based on the book cover is so clever and I love the ones with just a pop of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so pretty. You have such a unique style and great eyes for CAS designs.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...