Thursday, November 29, 2012

Splitting Die-cuts.

This weeks Papertrey Ink- MIM#93  challenged us to split our die cuts,  the video shows a couple of different ways to do it . I chose to use my Half and Half die  and stamp set along with some sentiments from Stylish Sentiments set.


 Last week , I mailed  the watercolor cards  I had been mentioning in my earlier posts ,  and I packaged them using  kraft  wrapping paper, stamped in black and white ink , finished with a tiny tag with my logo. All this kraft paper around me , made me rethink my card making base, I have been using white for so long now, it has become my go to  cardstock, but I think after today's card , you will be seeing a lot more kraft on my blog!
I am simply loving the look, yellow and kraft and black ...awesome combo !

 I die cut  a super long strip of yellow  cardstock  using the half and half die  and then cut it into two  and stamped with the co-ordinating stamps, fussy cut the patterned paper and attached a tiny little brad.


Also sharing with Young Crafters Unite#16- Happy Holidays

and Simon Says Stamp

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Share/Bookmark

9 comments :

  1. What a clever card. I like how you split your die cut. I can envision the look, like it wrapped around the entire card. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Kraft and yellow make a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this in the gallery, nice arrangement of sentiments. And, I'd love to use more kraft too, just in the habit of reaching for old, trusty white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sanketi your split die cut hand and half is brilliant. Love the added touch of holly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! I would never have thought of the colors you used .... I love them . I love the hand cut holly too.I just bought a pack of Kraft paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely color combo!
    Cheers,
    Indira
    http://arty-sorts.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you arranged your sentiments. Big fan of kraft

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the half & half die I use the least, but you have inspired me to line it up head-to-head like this - nicely done! I am another fan of craft - perfect with so many colors!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...