Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday Trigger

 As I had  mentioned in my previous post , here are the vintage stamps I found at an antique store....

  I was so excited to see these I grabbed them immediately and held them tight!
 I came home and tried to get more info about these , but except for the fact that these are letterpress stamps , I could not find anything more. If any of my readers have any info about these kind of old stamps , I would love to know, being a history student , I am always attracted to such things and almost always tire myself out searching for their history!

On one of them , there is an address  !!!
These kind of treasures make me think about how these might have been used ,were they using traditional ink  or paint, what kind of wood it might be, how long it might have taken them to hand carve these stamps......!!!!!

Now coming back to my Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger card......






   Stamps by PTI, Inktense pencils,hand drawn figures

Also sharing with A blog named Hero- clean up your act challenge

Thanks for stopping by.


Share/Bookmark

2 comments :

  1. What a find!! These stamps are so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, love your card! The little figures you hand-drew are perfect, they make the scene really come to life! And I love that you have them on an angle, like the inspiration image, even though the houses are straight.

    Second, love your letterpress stamps! Let me know if you figure out how to use them. I have a couple and have never had luck using them with our inks, they always turn out so blotchy. Maybe you just have to know what images would look good blotchy. I see the address is Oak Park, IL - that's about a half hour from me! (not sure if you're from the area, but if not, Oak Park is a close suburb of Chicago that's known for its Frank Lloyd Wright architecture, and the home/studio of FLW).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...