Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Prismacolors on Kraft


For a long time now I had been coveting a set of Prismacolor pencils, but  could not justify the purchase because I love my watercolors so much that I hardly ever use any other medium , not even my Copics.
                 .......But ....
.....I finally gave in and got myself a set of 24 and  after playing around with it the entire weekend I am regretting  not having taken the plunge earlier!

They are so buttery smooth and such a pleasure to blend, that I had to stop myself from over blending.I tried them on different cardstocks , and found, using a paper with a bit of tooth to it  made these pencils  perform the best.

Also after seeing other wonderful creations using Prismas on Kraft , especially those done by Danielle  I had to give it a try and I must say the look and feel on kraft is something that cannot be achieved on white cardstock. There is a  warm soft glow to the final piece.

Here is a card ...


I stamped and colored on Kraft and then fussy cut part of the image and embossed it from the back to give it a rounded , raised look.

sharing with CAS-ual Friday#76





 The basket was also colored and fussy cut and then the lid was partially cut and embossed to give a raised look.


Also sharing with Young Crafters Unite-Warm and Cozy colors



                           Stamps: Crafty secrets, birthday sentiment-PTI

Well there we have it ...Prismas on kraft, it was a lot of fun , hope you all liked it !

Thanks for stopping by.
Share/Bookmark

8 comments :

  1. Such beautiful coloring! Love the color on Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is awesome - what a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Your colouring is DIVINE! Thanks so much for leaving me a link, I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! So very pretty! And I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sanketi, this is simply breathtaking! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is beautiful =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, that's simply fantastic, Sanketi! I love how the prismacolors look on kraft!! I haven't seen that before, just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a precious card. Glad you found some new toys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...