Monday, October 15, 2012

Holidays

Over summer , I got to enjoy quite a few craft fairs , some of which were in quaint little towns with an old world charm.
During one of those visits , I happened to stop by an antique store where amongst other interesting things , I came across  some beautiful old postcards that stood out for their simplicity . Today as I sat with this stamp in my hand , I thought of recreating something "simply" similar with a vintage flair to it.
I also found some antique stamps , but that calls for a different post altogether!


I rarely play along Hero Arts challenges because their stamps are pretty limited in my stash , but today I pulled out this cling stamp Timely  bird which seemed just perfect for the Holidays.


 Sharing with Hero Arts- flickr group-
I chose Holiday cardmaking as my theme, I loved their sketches too..hope to get one  done using the sketch.



Also joining in ...A Blog Named Hero - clean up your act challenge




 I used Inktense color pencils and  artists watercolors .

the sentiment is by PTI.

I was aiming for a vintage postcard look ..something that would have been created in the era gone by  using simple coloring tools like pencils  and having a rough sketchy hand drawn  look. I guess I pretty much got it..what do you think?

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your valuable comments , it means a lot to me!








Share/Bookmark

6 comments :

  1. Beautiful inking and colors! This sure has a vintage post card look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a charming card. This is such a happy cheery card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors. I love how you made this stamp into a holiday card! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, very detailed, but not a CAS card right? Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of color and detail but, all made from one layer. This is most certainly a gorgeous Clean and Simple card!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...