Thursday, September 6, 2012

Art Journal

Over the past few months I have shared plenty of cards with you all , today I decided to finally open my art journal in front of you all. This journal is my own secret  private space where I write and journal my thoughts and feelings ..no rules no deadlines and no design principles..it's all about being free and loose. I usually do just the opposite of what I do on my cards. I use  happy colors and go bold and bright.

 I have a couple of journals , this particular page is about our smile and how much it can say and convey with minimal effort!


 I have  drawn faces, zentangled ,stamped , washi taped, made some colored flowers using my new spectrum noir pens on this page with watercolors as my base.

Am sharing with Faber Castell- Take the challenge- 








.....hope you all liked this aspect of my artistic journey ...because frankly I am truly passionate about  art journaling...... especially because I sit to make a page with absolutely no clue of where to start and no idea how it will turn out ..and when I finally finish , I surprise myself with the end result!

edited to share with Balzer designs



Thanks for stopping by.
Share/Bookmark

4 comments :

  1. Wow, so unique, amazing, intriguing and creative! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sanketi! This is truly wonderful and such a treat to look at! Love the colors, images and your zentangles!!! I have a few art journals and maybe one day I will share a page or two as well. :) Thanks for the inspiration and reminder about how liberating this kind of art can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your page turned out. I've recently discovered art journaling myself and it has brought all of happiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been unofficially following your blog for a while - now I've made it official!
    This is a brilliant work of art! I've been checking out Art Journal sites as well, but haven't taken the plunge myself yet -I need
    more confidence to be free to draw etc. Have you seen Jane Davenport's website? she is an Aussie who teaches art journalling (not that you need lessons!). I met her at the Melb Quilt Fair - she is so lovely and very inspiring! I've also been checking out Christy Tomlinson blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...