Friday, August 3, 2012

On Cloud 9...Guest Designing at CAS-ual Fridays!


 Update: this card was a Winner at CASE Study ...thanks Chupa and the entire team of CASE Study

CAS- ual Fridays challenge blog was where I started my journey with challenges way back in Feb . I loved the Clean and Simple style of cardmaking and attempted almost every week to come up with something unique and simple.
 In July when I won their challenge , my second time around, I got a chance to guest design  for them  for the month of August. I am so honored and excited, thanks to Michele and the CFC team for this wonderful opportunity!

CFC#64- On Cloud 9

This week  the theme will be things you'd see in the sky, examples-clouds, airplanes, birds, kites, etc.
I came up with this mixed media card with a background watercolor wash which has slowly become my signature style I guess!!






  Simon Says Stamp will be our fabulous sponsor this week.





Supplies: Stamps- Wplus9, Dies- Memory Box,watercolor paper, artists watercolors


Sharing with Case Study who turns 2 this month !
the challenge is to show our signature style and I guess this  card would be an ideal "sanketi" card!
white background and watercolors with a bit of dimension...perfect Sanketi  recipe !

Also sharing with CASology- Bird- Week #4



Linking with A Blog Named Hero- Freestyle



Thanks so much for stopping by.
Share/Bookmark

23 comments :

  1. This is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous watercolored background and gorgeous card! Congratulations on your well deserved guest spot at CAS-ual Fridays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful background! I love how you placed the sentiment on either side of the branch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a work of art Sanketi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek! Love love LOVE this!! I always wanted to try watercolouring on a card, you inspired me! Big thanks for joining us at CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much everyone..appreciate it!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful watercoloured background - great colours! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely stunning card!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mixed media style-especially the way you use watercolor. This card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card! The background is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning, Sanketi! Your watercolouring is gorgeous and I love how the bird pops off the background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that water colored background is a marvelous backdrop for that lovely image! The sentiment is wonderful and that popped up blue bird is so eye catching! Thanks for joining us for our 2nd anniversary celebration at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes this card is stunning. Lovely watercolor, wonderful sentiment, topped by the blue bird.Perfection. http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. nobody does watercolor better than you! it does have a mixed media feel, very cool. AND you won casual fridays, a dream of mine!!! congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card, Sanketi!! LOVE the watercoloring...just lovely:)!! So glad you were a part of the DT this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Sanketi...not knowing how else to get in touch with you, so thankful that you have to approve your comments. I was totally enamored with your wedding card last month and was wondering what company/name the sentiment stamp you used was from...I have 2 weddings next month and would love to see if I could find it somewhere before then. I keep checking that post, but haven't seen you mention it. Would so appreciate your help....who knows, I may not be able to find it, but sure would love to try:):)!! Thanks, Sanketi!!! It's the Two Shall Become One sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad you liked that card..I did update the post with the info and also came up with a follow up post...

    check this post...

    http://sanketij.blogspot.com/2012/07/from-this-day-forward.html

    Hope you find the stamp set !

    ReplyDelete
  16. ummm. WOW> what an amazing card!! I just love everything about it :)

    Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!

    Good luck

    Linda
    A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so wonderful! Love that bird and branch and your sentiment placement with that incredible soft background!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, loving the watercolor wash background! Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the win at CASE study-certainly deserved. Your card is heads above the others this week. Congrats on your new seat at Casual Friday as well. Two of my favorite challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that background is gorgeous! Love the bird and how you placed the sentiment too! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card!! Love the watercolor and the sentiment is absolutely wonderful!! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cool! You've inspired me to make this:

    http://craftzonkey.wordpress.com/2012/08/11/project-runway/

    Check it out sometime!

    Joy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...