Friday, July 13, 2012

Tea!

I seem to love  taking inspiration pictures pretty literally !
This picture over at Embellish Magazine made me do just that !.



When this challenge got posted , I immediately knew I was going to use some tea bags on my card  which I had saved over some time, but when the time came to get started , I searched and dug through every nook and cranny to find those little treasures of mine , before it struck me that I had thrown them out during one of those " there is waay too much clutter in the house"  moments!!!!!

Ok, so back to the drawing board to figure out out a design without the tea bag...but no, I decided to wait , so brewed myself some tea , and let the bag dry in the sun while I sipped my cuppa and there we go, my bag was ready to go......

.................................and so is my card.......


  The inspiration for the dried tea bag came from here ..lovely blog!



Applied a light wash with some fresh  tea on watercolor paper and inked the edges with Distress ink..



 some ribbon and orange felt ...


 fussy cut a tag for the paisley...


 stamps- Studio G and PTI.

I am truly pleased with the old and vintagy feel it has....well it was worth the wait!

Hoping this counts as a hello card and sharing with Moxie Fab World - hello card challenge

Thanks for stopping by.



Share/Bookmark

3 comments :

  1. Another amazing masterpiece! Gorgeous way you used those colors and LOVE the tea stains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing! I love your card, so elegant! It`s a great collage!
    Cheers..Moni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sanketi! Thanks for linking this up to the Hello Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...