Tuesday, July 17, 2012

From This Day Forward.......

Today , I created a card just so that I could show the stamp set I used to create this winning card here..



I received  quite a few emails and comments asking about the stamp set I used for the sentiment, well the reason I did not mention it in my post itself was because it was a bad lemon!...

....ok let me explain..I got this stamp set at Target many many years back and around that time I was working on mine and a friends wedding scrapbook , excitedly I tore open the package and went to  peel a stamp off the acrylic and what do I see...the stamp refuses to peel and had stuck permanently to it  and so were the rest of the 11 stamps in the set!!!!!!




I could not return it since I tore my first stamp when I was impatiently trying to peel it off!..so it stayed with me all these years since I loved the font and size of the stamp and also because I am not the kind to throw stuff that easily!!!

So now I just stick it to my block with temp glue dot and use it .......Well since it did earn me my first Guest designer post over at CAS-ual fridays ,  to honor it I made another card today using the same stamp set for Play Date Cafe # 140






stamps- studio G, marcella k&Co, Inkadinkado

sorry about  the long post but I thought I should answer all those queries about the stamp in detail since I did not want to simply name the stamp set and run , also I don't think it's available anymore...for all the right reasons!

sharing this with Moxie Fab World - Love card challenge

Thanks for stopping by.
Share/Bookmark

3 comments :

  1. That is so interesting about that stamp set! Good for you that you kept it and found a way to work with it. This is another beautiful card, love those sweet birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sanketi! Thanks for linking this up to the Love Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful, Sanketi...this one is as well...beautiful!! Thanks so much for the info on the stamps....guess what?? I FOUND the set on ebay!!!! I LOVE ebay...I will search tirelessly when there is something I want! I appreciate the heads up on the sticking...whatever the case, you have inspired me through your work and now, knowing your trials...I am looking forward to making my wedding cards using the lovely stamps armed with the info you have given:)!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...