Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thanks Dad!

 Today's card is a result of a request I received to make a  Father's Day card with the silhouette  I used in this card here, and since I had used houndstooth patterned paper on my earlier card , I repeated that but changed the overall  design of the  card.

 This weeks Runway Inspired Challenge #13  had an inspiring picture from The House Of Holland featuring Houndstooth as the focal point, I am sharing this card with RIC



 I kept the Houndstooth pattern as my focal point too and used the starburst dry embossing to pull the eye toward the rest of the sentiments.


Houndstooth handsomeness with a bit of dimension for Dad......Silhouette die by PTI


Dry embossing- folder by Tim Holtz


Sentiments- Studio G and Stampabilities

Also sharing with

 Lawnscaping challenge- patterned paper 

DYSU#75- Paper piecing

Thanks for stopping by.
Share/Bookmark

11 comments :

  1. Pretty cool! I like that embossed background with the bright houndstooth! Thanks for joining us again at DYSU! Always a pleasure to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you dressed up the gentleman in the houndstooth! The rays really show movement to the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are so creative! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love al the creative detail you put into this card. So fun!

    Thanks for joining us at DYSU

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is awesome and incredibly creative! I love all the detail! Thanks so much for joining us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card!! Love the CAS design. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Just look at all that dimension! Fabulous! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cool look...I love the raised edge around the circle! Thanks so much for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The texture on this is so subtle and delightful! It's probably my favorite part, but it would be a real competition with those rays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a COOL Dad card! Love your use of the dry embossed background and colors! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...