Monday, June 4, 2012

It's Your Birthday!

UPDATE: this card received a shout out over at Papertrey Ink...Thanks PTI!

I have taken the plunge!!!!
...yes! ...into the colorful world of Copics!
 ...and I am loving it!

Over the weekend , I got my first set of Copics, I decided to start small and picked up a set of 6 from my local craft store. I can't stop playing with them , am sure you will see more of them on my cards in my upcoming posts.

For today I have a card following the sketch shared on  the Make It Monday # 69 video by PTI. I am not a huge fan of sketches , since it kind of limits my thinking process and forces me to stay within the lines , but this morning after I watched the video I thought of taking this as a challenge and pushed myself out of my comfort zone and came up with this....




 Sharing with Lawnscaping Challenge#35-Patterned paper



 My very first attempt at using the Copic markers...no fancy shading here..just simple coloring


 Another first -used some bling!

Supplies: White cardstock, Stamps - PTI sentiments, Flower- MS, Die- Half and Half-PTI , Copics, rhinestones, Patterned paper- Lawn Fawn- Bright Side.

The bling and the gold glitter makes it perfect for CAS-ual Fridays latest challenge- Put a Bling On It


Thanks for stopping by.
Share/Bookmark

10 comments :

  1. Gorgeous card!! I love your take on the sketch and the bling you used! I shouldn't have read your post because I've been thinking of trying the Copic markers but I'm scared to start a new addiction! :)

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't copic-coloring very addictive and FUN? this is truly lovely, Sanketi! The color combo and added bling are fabulous! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays and Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card. You did a great job with your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your first time playing with Copics? Very impressed. You've got a natural talent there! Your card is gorgeous!! Love the layout and color! Thanks so much for joining us at Lawnscaping!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sanketi this is so so pretty! I love those flowers! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Copics! Glad you are having fun enjoying something new Sanketi:)
    This card deserves a sout out because it's awesome. I like the scattered gems and the pops of glitter. Thanks for blinging it with us at CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful, beautiful card. I love how you scattered the bling across it, too. It adds just a little something without adding too much weight to the card. Just lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful..love the color..thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards!!! and the flowers look so amazing!! Thank you for playing at Lawnscaping :

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...