Friday, May 18, 2012

Blowing Birthday wishes

Update: this card received an honorable mention over at Play Date Cafe - Cream In The Coffee.

Never give up !

    ..am sure  all of us have heard that , especially when we were little , parents encouraged us and pushed us to give our best and  although by nature I am a strong willed girl ,  I admit there have been times when I have given up certain things instead of  holding my stead ....

..but today am proud to say I did not give up...did not give up making this card which seemingly looks like the most easiest card ever, yet took me 9 attempts before I could call it done!!!!!!!

I layered different stamps to achieve this look and selectively inked 2 stamps ..which is what I struggled with, no matter how hard I tried , I would either ink more than needed or my inky hands would be on my card or I would stamp crooked...well there were numerous issues and I almost tore my hair in frustration ..but I did not want to quit.and I am glad I did not ...

I quite like the way it turned out.


 This OLW88- Mini Masterpiece is all about using a 2x2 space for our stamping , I used a stamp which was under 2 inches , so I designed the focal point in such a way that the sentiments got incorporated into the design and helped to make it 2 inches



 The Jazz players image is a part of a larger stamp  with seven people which I selectively inked to get just 3 to fit in the frame

The' blowing birthday wishes your way' was one large 3 row stamp which again I selectively inked
So now you can understand why I struggled so much with this design!

 Supplies: white cardstock, Stamps: Graphic 45 Hampton art, Stampendous, Lawn Fawn, Inks: Studio G,


Sharing this with PDCC 132



 Even with all the frustrations , I enjoyed the process of creating this card , I love layering different stamps to create one new look!

Also sharing this with Simon Says Stamp- Clean And Simple

Thanks for stopping by.
Share/Bookmark

14 comments :

  1. This is fantastic! Such a fun image and your splash of colour is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out SO greaT! I love your designs, they are so clean and interesting! The yellow of the sentiment really adds that something extra - clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this...great design!
    MAGNIFIQUE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you didn't give up because this card is totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way it turned out; your layering of images/words is so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was worth it - what a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card the stamping and colours are fabulous ,, love this CAS design ,,, stunning ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm thrilled that you didn't give up! This is delish! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous card - love all the overlapping images! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, I love that it is all one layered and such a perfect masculine card... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny how these cards always end up being the BEST Creations!! I LOVE the GREAT DESIGN!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always in awe of your designs. This one is definitely a winner for the "splash" of yellow challenge. And gorgeous in its own right.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It might have taken 9 tries..but the end result is a masterpiece! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...