Thursday, April 5, 2012

Save Your Spot !

 Am back with a  simple elaborate card .....an oxymoron you may say , yes! that is exactly what this card is!
It was made for a  girl who is crazy about books , so since I always give her a gift card to a book store, on her birthday, I thought of adding this card with the bookmark  to make it a little more personal.

Now about the simple elaborate part....simple because it involved just one stamp set and die , the colors were set thanks to ColorQ  the sketch was ready, courtesy Retro Sketches#5  ,..the elaborate because it involved quite a bit of die cutting, stamping and stiching.


                             

 The design is such that once the bookmark is removed , the card would still hold good and not be bare......
   
                                                                                   
I have incorporated a lot of text into the design to get the feel of a book,


 I used a round text stamp to include the round corner elements in the sketch




 Being the hoarder that I am , it gives me great pleasure when I put those treasures to work , here I used the packaging, the clear acrylic sheets that PTI sends their stamps on,  for the bookmark, so I guess I can share it with The Moxie Fab World  The Don't Throw It Away Challenge


.......even the burlap twine is from a burlap rice sack..but more about that in my next post!

 The Bookmark:
 Orange felt and clear acrylic layer on top to protect it


White cardstock and clear acrylic layer



the inside of the card


Supplies; White cardstock, Stamps-All booked up,Inside and out -birthday-PTI , Dies- bookmark, butterfly-PTI, glassine bag-Michaels,  craft felt, black ink-Studio G, Staz On, burlap twine, clear acrylic from packaging.

 Thanks for stopping by


Update: This card was given the  Color Courtier  badge ...thanks Color Q.


Share/Bookmark

6 comments :

  1. such a great gift for the reader in your life!! thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sanketi! Thanks for linking this up to the Don't Throw It Away Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice library card and bookmark, Sanketi, so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful Sanketi! Thanks for following my blog and reading whatever I write/share : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool.....I need about 10 of these all over my house, because I am always losing my bookmarks! Thanks for playing with the ColourQ challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so detailed and creative Sanketi!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...