Saturday, March 24, 2012

You Color My World

 UPDATE: This card was featured and won me the " I am Moxie Fab" Button..Thanks Cath.

A quick ,clean and simple , one layer card today.......
This week Papertrey Ink 's  Make It Monday #58 was all about graduated backgrounds using copics or reinkers. Since I did not have either of them, I went back to my trusted and  much loved watercolors. I had previously used this technique called graded wash in my watercolor paintings, but never on cards, so I  applied a  quick wash onto  some cotton watercolor paper and voila!, my background was ready in a matter of minutes. I went with a warm sunset palette and stamped an image and sentiment from PTI - Happy Trails


Supplies: Watercolor paper- Strathmore, watercolor paints-W&N, Colorbox black ink, Stamps- PTI  - Happy Trails.


A simple design with a lot of drama!



 Thanks for stopping by.


Share/Bookmark

11 comments :

  1. Beautiful watercoloring-love the quill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sanketi... I mentioned your blog on my last post. I so enjoyed going through you site. Be well Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind mention...it means a lot!

      Delete
  3. Love this! Colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work Sanketi. I love the background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sanketi! Thanks for linking this up to the Fascination with Feathers Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sanketi, I've just had a wonderful stroll through your blog. You do really beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This beautiful congrats on your challenge win :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your Moxie Fab win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card! I love the clean and simple design, yet it's so bold and beautiful. The color gradient is such a great technique. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...