Thursday, March 29, 2012

A special Day!






Turquoise , turquoise ...more turquoise...it seems to be the rage all round, most challenges have this on their color palette and I am not complaining!!!!!!.  As I had mentioned in an earlier post , being a December girl, I do have a sweet spot for this color and have quite a collection of this stone straight from the prized sleeping beauty mines of Arizona !  

The colors at ColorQ this week are so pretty and fresh and exactly the same color palette that I had on my desk, ready to create this wedding card. I used the turquoise color of the bridesmaids dress, embossed the card to mimic  the white  and delicate embroidery on the bride's gown and the  colors in the bouquet on the wreath.
...It was so much fun , I really enjoyed the process of making this card.






I also followed a sketch from Retro Sketches
 



Using a leaf and flower punch , a wreath was made as a focal point.


Supplies: White, turquoise and scrap cardstock, Stamps- PTI- Half and Half, Dies- PTI - Half and Half, Punches- Leaf, flower, Embossing folder-Tim Holtz.

This card has now taken the place of being my newest absolute favorite!!
Wishing the couple the very best , I am off to mail  this beauty ( If I may say so myself!) .

Thanks for stopping by.

Update: Thanks Retro Sketches for the shout Out !

Update again: This card earned me a Color Queen Courtier badge...thanks Color Q

                                                      
Share/Bookmark

9 comments :

  1. Beautiful card, Sanketi, love all the embossing! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Sanketi! Love the embossing and bright colors! Thanks for playing in this week's RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sanketi, this is just amazing! LOVE that you combined the challenges, and that wreath is SO COOL! Thank you so much for joining us at both colourQ and RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY,VERY PRETTY! Love that marvelous little wreath and your lovely embossed background. Great work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the embossed backgound and your clever wreath! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I love that spring wreath!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card, so CASEable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being named a Courtier for your unique, marvelous card!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...