Monday, March 5, 2012

Embellish Spring Color Trends

Update:   Embellish Magazine featured  this card on the "What's hot " segment of their challenge, , my sincere thanks to them..it made my day!

Start of another week with a brand new challenge!

Embellish Magazine is back and I am loving their new color challenge.




Although there is still snow on the ground , I am positive spring is right around the corner!. I anxiously wait for Mother's Day because that is officially the end of frost for us, and we can start planting. In fact by the time May rolls in , I am so ready to plant, that the day the garden centers open , I rush to get some color! .Since I love lots of flowers in my garden, I usually choose annuals like Impatiens,Begonias and M arigolds apart from the hardy roses that are already in the ground. Just thinking about it is getting me all excited!.

So, coming back to the challenge , the pastel colors and spring theme led to this card.


This card represents the first sign of Spring , I tried to create a window, and the flowers by it. When I look out of my craft room window , this is what I see, the branch from the Redbud tree , lots of little blooms, and of course birds sitting on the branch and the bird feeder.

A close up of the flowers, using a punch and flourish by spellbinder die,birds are a Martha Stewart punch, sentiment by PTI.



Die cut a window using PTI mat stack 3 die and used a leaf Acrylic overlay by Anna Griffin, to create the transparent seeing a branch through my window effect.


Border punch by Martha Stewart, bakers twine.

Thanks for stopping by.
Share/Bookmark

12 comments :

  1. Wonderful! I love all those layers of flowers! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love this. Great use of the colors and it just feels like spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! Love the flourishes and layers of lacy punches- so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layers of spring lovliness! Wonderful card 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card. love the negative die cut and layering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathtaking! I LOVE the acrylic overlay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this fun take on the Challenge!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this card is simply stunning Sanketi...from the dimension of the flourish, birds and flowers to the pretty pink lace border!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous! The flowers and the lace are just perfection! Hope you get some warm spring weather soon! Hugs from Copenhagen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so beautiful. I love the negative die cut use with the die cut flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely and I agree with all the other comments;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...