Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Color Wheel

Every single time someone sees my paintings or even my cards, they tend to talk more about the colors rather than the subject or design and I am often asked on how to make the right color choice. So to help them out a bit and instead of telling them to get a color wheel, which to my surprise most do find intimidating!  I have these cards on hand, its just another color wheel with a fun twist which both adults and kids will love!(who does not like butterflies!!!!!)


Using a punch and a huge never to get over box of scraps, I punched the butterflies in primary and secondary colors...to make it even easier , all the single ones are primary colors and the doubles are secondary colors. Inside the card, I write a short note on how to use it.


I have taken this very same idea to a sheet of 12 x12  cardstock and added the tertiary colors and more shades and hues to the butterflies and put them in a shadowbox. I shall share that on another post soon.

supplies: White, grey and different colors  cardstock, butterfly punch -Martha Stewart, Stamps- Studio G, watercolor pencils

I am sharing this with the flickr group on the Papercrafts  March Gallery challenge- Rainbows

and Moxie Fab World Paper scraps challenge

Thanks for stopping by.
Share/Bookmark

4 comments :

  1. I love your butterfly creation beautiful use of color;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Rainbow Butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sanketi! Thanks for linking this up to the Paper Scraps Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...