Friday, February 24, 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show - London






Today as I sat to create a card for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge which needed us to incorporate either London , Paris or NY as part of the design, I was immediately tranported back in time when I was in London . Such a beautiful place , I just could not have enough of it and honestly did not want to come back home!. The unpredictable weather was something we got so used to that we would carry an umbrella even if the sun was shining in its full glory!







The brownish grey skies, and the red umbrella I carried around inspired this card. An icon of London, The Big Ben had to be there in the picture. So that's the story behind this card

I started with and ivory cardstock and stencilled the Big Ben with the help of the negative space left after cutting the skyscraper from a die by quickqutz using walnut stain distress ink and some watercolor pencils. The tree sillhoutte is from a tiny stamp by K and Co which I stamped repeatedly to create the branches. The umbrella stamp is by Unity and the larger sentiment by PTI. Some paper piecing for the pant and skirt and umbrella and this card came together beautifully.

paper pieced red umbrella and the clothes.


This is my second card for the Lawnscaping challenge - Distress inks since apart from the sentiment , everything else has been stamped and stenciled and distressed using walnut stain distress ink,I love to use it for such soft shadowy effects.



Thanks for stopping by
Share/Bookmark

4 comments :

  1. Saw this on Simon Says. I find the theme too challenging for me this week, but I think your card is spot on! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card! Love the big ben and the couple hiding behind the umbrella. Very romantic. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!!! this card so amazing! really love your card :)Love the colors too. Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully creative and endearing card - just lovely and so romantic! Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp & Show! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...