Sunday, February 26, 2012

Graphic 45 Design Team 2012 Audition

This post is specially for the Graphic 45 design Team audition , I love the products by this Company so much that I jumped at the oppurtunity to create for them . They wanted to see some of our work in a blog post , so I thought I would go ahead and upload some of my work here .. Some of them have already appeared in diff posts for challenges , but I thought I would go ahead and gather them again in this post.

Project 1.
MISS YOU
a 3D card using Tim Holtz Bird cage and ornamental Dies , butterfly Punch by Martha Stewart ,metal tag and some twine and some background stamp with text patterned paper , white and ivory cardstock.



Project 2.
Hello
A delft inspired blue and white card created by punching small squares using a Martha Stewart Punch and stamp each of them individually with different stamps with blue markers and the blue strip in the front was made by rubbing the same marker from light to dark. some sentiments and we have a card fit enough for the Dutch!



Project 3.
I Love You

A cute little romantic card perfect for Valentines or anniversay , this card uses a lot of patterned paper . 3 dimensional cards and paper piecing are some of my favorite techniques . The chairs were stamped and paper pieced and the sentiments just completed the beautiful emotions conveyed by this card...nothing more need be said ....this card says it all!



Project 4.



I' am here for you
People often talk of Paris with a romatic undertone , to me London feels the same. Having spent some beautiful memorable weeks there, I brought back from London , something more than just a memory card full of pictures. This card reflects those moments captured in color and dimension. The iconic Big Ben was the backdrop to this piece of art, with the red umbrella , a memory of the the unpredictable British weather. I enjoyed creating this card the most , since I could use my art background to good use, the stencilling and the card itself was made using distress inks which I have come to love a lot lately.



Project 5.


The wild Goose Chase
This layout showcases my affinity toward creating 3D work. I love seeing a lot of textures and patterns and dimension on my cards and layout . I stamped and cut out the flowers and the geese are each cut from extra photos .




Project 6.
The rings

I love this layout , (extremely close to my heart), for all the designing that went into it, the heat embossed flower on the left , the fonts , the large hearts and the doodling , all took a lot of thought process, and I would not be denying that this one took a lot of time , and it was well worth it!



Project 7.
Past Present Future
A mixed media creation , with a ceramic tiled coaster in the center altered with acrylic overlay, stencils and modelling clay and last but not the least house paint !

I think this more or less covers my style and techniques and the thought process that goes into my creations....sometimes clean and simple, sometimes elaborate.

Thanks for stopping by.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment :

  1. Love the collected projects. 2 in blue is beautiful. 4 Is fantastic, fabulous and tells a story, as they all do story teller;) The rings deserve closer attention and the mixed media is definitely a work of art.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...