Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Cure for the Winter Blues



This Morning's challenge by Moxie Fab World got me into action ! It immediately set me thinking since I knew for sure I wanted to play along and wanted to go the blue and white way. In fact I have so much of the Spode and Delft pottery at home that I did not have to go far for inspiration . To top it , the delights over at Moxie fab itself were absolutely breathtaking. After I started working on the card , it dawned upon me that I had a half sewn Delft tile applique quilt from my quilting days that I had started with the help of this beautiful book by Judy Garden. So well anyways ..here is my Delft inspired card...
I took this photo by Martha Stewart Crafts from Moxie Fab as a jumping off point for the card design



I started this card by punching out little squares and stamping each of them with a different stamp. Since I did not have navy blue ink , I used my watercolor markers to ink my stamps . I then adhered them to a navy blue cardstock with foam tape and then keeping with the inpiration photo color palette I added a strip of black and an embosssed piece of white cardstock . To mimic the rug in the front I created the blue paper by rubbing my watercolor marker light to dark on a white piece of cardstock, the light yellow and cream were the accents like the hat and the chair in the photo.... finally stamped the sentiment to finish it off.





I am totally pleased with the way it turned out ...hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by.
Share/Bookmark

3 comments :

  1. Beautiful card! Lovely way to use blues. Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your design! What a creative use of stamps in your elements. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sanketi! Thanks for linking this up to the Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...